Monday, February 23, 2009

Making Peace With The Wind (For Elliot)

Making Peace With The Wind (For Elliot)

Elliot and I stood on the sands

And Elliot turned around to face the infinte sea

While gazing at it's vastness a strong wind blew over the sea

Elliot took in his last breath and suddenly casted it into the Wind

Until there was nothing left of him but a shell

And the Wind called upon Time

And Time moved the sands

And the sands claimed his former shell, engulfing it

And there I was, left deserted ,standing on a dune

Struggling to break it's impenetratable surface

But with each passing moment


Time would create a new layer of sand

And I pleaded with Time

"Please remove these layers my friend is under there,


And Time began to laugh

Saying " How strong your arrogance, and your naivity

That you would ask me to remove


That which has been carefully laid down

Or to even propose that a servant of life could do such a thing.

For I would have to be a God to even remove a single grain

I, like the hands of a clock can not extend past the present moment"

And so I asked Time who do you serve so that I might reclaim my friend

And Time said " I serve the Wind,

Who is the only one who can blow through my sands"

And so I stood on the shore and talked to the Wind.

And I explained to the Wind what happened to Elliot"

Time has buried my friend and he says that you are a God,

The only one who can remove the layers that Time has created.

The wind responded saying " I could remove the layers of sand

For I blow through and emcompass all things,

A God Time calls me, I am more like an artist,

And I draws the course of all things in the sand

And once my drawings are complete

They are buried in the sands of Time

Look for your friend not in the transcient nature of the sand

For the images of the sand are from the perfected strokes of my brush

Be filled with joy as I am, for another work of art has been created

As Elliot has returned back to the Artist

Let him be celebrated as a perfect expression of my craft."


1 comment: